Since I began consulting in 2012, I've helped over 35 illustrators either jump start their careers or head them in the right direction for marketing. My Illustration Career Consulting consists of getting a strong portfolio together, how to promote, how to keep the buzz going about your work, finding clients and more. I mainly specialize in children's illustration and licensing so that's what I will be focusing on. All consulting is done through email and each will be personalized & tailored to you. I won't be doing any blanketed bulk emails. And I of course have to say this, but by hiring me as a consultant I do not guarantee you will get work or that I will "introduce" you to perspective clients.
Each consulting program will begin on the 1st of the month. I am taking a limited number each month so if you're interested, let me know
your intention and I'll hold you a spot. When you sign-up we can work together on what start date works best for you.
**My next consulting will begin in January 2014 (I take Nov-Dec off for the holidays). Slots are filling up for next year so if you are interested please email me
and I'll hold you a spot.***
2 month consultation $350 - Payment due of $175 via paypal for first month with $175 being due the second month. You can also pay in full at the beginning of the consultation.
8 weeks consulting will consist of 2 "scheduled" emails a week.
- 1 email on Monday mornings to get you geared up for the week and "assignments" on way to do that week. Depending on where you are in your career they may be something like: create a new portfolio piece, get your website going, find contacts, blog, etc.
- 1 email on Friday morning to check your progress and make sure you reached your goals for the week and get ready for the next week.
We can email back and forth throughout the week with any questions you may have (I'm an open book), the 2 emails mentioned above or just to make sure you stay on track.
Here's a basic breakdown of the weeks:
Week #1: Finding clients
Week #2: Portfolio Overview & website review and assignment for possible
Week #3: Continue portfolio fillers and work on web site updates.
Week #4: Catch-up week
Week #5: Promo pieces
Week #6: Gather names & addresses to send promos to
Week #7: Get promos finished and sent to print.
Week #8: Working on online presence
Week #9 (if applicable): Q & A time
What to prepare before the consultation begins:
- Top 10 (or more) portfolio pieces together in digital format (at least 800px x 800px at 72dpi)
- Know types of jobs you want
- Dream client list
- Set-up a Facebook page (I would recommend a business page rather than a personal page) & Twitter account
- Get a sketchbook
- Get motivated!! There is going to be a lot of work on your end to get your business going but it is SO worth it!!